Tuesday, June 9, 2009

vacation day 9

One of the nice things about living in a small town are the parades. We have a parade to open the Clark County Fair. One for Christmas and one for Homecoming. I really love a parade. It is so much fun and it really is a small town event. How can you not love seeing the band play and the girls drive by in their evening gowns in their convertible cars. Reminds you why you live in "hometown USA."

I love the drummers. You just gotta love the drummers. Everybody begins to move when the drums march by. I mean every-body.


The brass section is one of those great unexpected joys. You just love to listen to the brass section.

Makes you think of the olden days. I mean those years that are way back, way, way, way back. Not that I would actually know about those times. But I do know they existed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin