Friday, June 12, 2009

Vacation day 12 Fireflys & Birds

One of the things I love about where I live is that I can sit on the front porch and watch the traffic go by, or the kids walking or the birds singing or the fireflies flying. I tried and tried to get a picture of a firefly blinking, but I couldn't get to them in time. When I would turn to take a picture they flew away or had just quit blinking. I would follow one around but just as I clicked the firefly would fly away. But, I did get this great picture of our tree. I love the trees that give us shade and cause birds to make nests. The yard is starting to feel like it has been here a long time.
But, I can't seem to get my Hydrangeas to stay blue. they keep turning back to pink or purple or even rose colored. YIKES. Last year I got a bunch of pine straw to make to ground more acidic but it didn't help much except it did provide cover for the bushes during the winter and it acts as a great mulch. I will keep trying.
I love sitting on my swing with my feet up and watching the day go by. It is so relaxing and I think it is a great way to let your mind drink in all the experiences of the evening. Tonight there was a nice breeze so it wasn't as muggy as previous nights. I love hearing the birds sing their goodnight songs.
Listen to the end of the day from my porch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin